Old 55 - Eagles or Waits?

Regards,

Tom Watson

Eagles - no question. Don Henley is the man.

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Waits, 'cause it's not about the music for either of 'em. Try Henry Cow for the music.

Reply to
tom

Reply to
Larry W

no exception. Soooo... I had to do it. Listen to 2 versions of Waits and the only one The Eagles did, that I had on iTunes. Same melody, same lyrics, 2 totally different songs and my reactions and emotions are completely different. One is a tall, dressed-to-the-nines glamour chick in heels, jewellery and expensive perfume, the other, that freckled, slightly rounded red- headed barkeep that dragged me up to her apartment in Soho and kept me prisoner for 2 days. Same game, different level of passion. There can't be an answer as they are not the same song. I admire The Eagles, but I bow to Waits.

r----> who really enjoyed just blowing 1/2 hour out of his arse. :-)

Reply to
Robatoy

Wow, Henry Cow! Talk about some kick-ass music. Do you also like Dagmar's solo stuff? The only thing she ever did that I did not like was with Kevin Coyne. I had the pleasure of helping Fred Frith and his band set up for a concert in Baltimore many years ago. And Anthony Moore is great too. I used to play his version of War against the HC version. Two vastly different presentations, but the same message. Thanks for the reminder. =20 Marc (who sadly sold all of his record collection when he went head over heels for his wife and wanted to devote his entire life to making her happy.)

Reply to
marc rosen

Seems I've gotta check out Moore's version. Henry Cow may be too much for the delicate ears of most who inhabit the wreck (yep, that's a dare). Though I haven't heard all her stuff, Dagmar has/had impeccable tone control, with a timbre that requires the listener to acclimate. You must play an instrument with some degree of skill, as that would help to provide a non-biased ear to the seemingly dischordant ways of the band (never mind the mind-bending theme and variation). What were you thinking, selling your records??? She'd better be worth it! Although it's too late for us, I still tell everyone what Dr. Kevorkian told me: Never get married! Tom

Reply to
tom

Twenty two years of 99% happy this Saturday and still counting! =20 Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Reply to
sandpounder

You've got me by three years, and maybe thirty percent. But I still have my vinyl! Tom

Reply to
tom