Oklahoma City Lumber?

Aside from twisters, are there any lumber yards around OKC? I cant find any and might be driving to Texas for lumber in the near future.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Best bet--go to Woodcraft and ask where to get lumber.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not a bad idea. Thanks.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

A quick google search turned up several. Other than the national chains, there is Central Hardwood

820 Southwest 3rd Street Oklahoma City, OK 73109-1109 (405) 232-255

I've been by there looking for 8/4 mahogany. They carry it, but want to sell *entire boards* not just board feet.

Reply to
lektric dan

lektric dan wrote: ...

Go figure -- a wood retailer wants to sell wood...

--

Reply to
dpb

Are you expecting them to let you cut up the lumber in whatever way you see fit? If you find a lumber yard that lets you do this at ALL, they're likely to stipulate that whatever you leave behind have sufficient width and length that they can sell it to somebody else at the standard board foot price. They're not going to want you to leave them with a bunch of useless scraps...

Reply to
Steve Turner

You didn't even read my post, did you? You're just replying to the voices only you hear. They (Central Hardwood) want to sell entire 10' planks of 12" wide 8/4 only. Woodcraft, although something of a boutique store, will sell one board foot, or all they have in stock.

Reply to
lektric dan

Why yes, smartass, I DID read your post; several times, and it reads the same way every time. Even if I go away and come back, or if I completely clear my mind or stand on my head, or watch a Bugs Bunny cartoon first; it doesn't seem to change the meaning of the words you wrote. Did you even read what *I* wrote?

You seem to be finding fault with Central Hardwood for selling lumber on their terms and not yours, but it's pretty hard to find a "lumber yard" that will fulfill your expectations. The original poster doesn't seem to have your expectations; he was looking for a "lumber yard", and mentions nothing about wanting "just board feet".

But thank you nonetheless for your information about Central Hardwood; perhaps it will be useful for somebody.

Reply to
Steve Turner

In news: snipped-for-privacy@e35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, lektric dan spewed forth:

Central Hardwoods sells to REAL woodworkers not hobbist, that's were Woodcraft comes in and sells "you" the same wood at 2-3 times the BF price you would pay at Central. I'm surprised they will even sell 1 board to you. I've used Central in Dallas for 30 years and find them to be an excellent company.

ChairMan

There are several good ones: I assume you are talking about framing lumber, sheet goods, and basic hard woods.

Forrest Lumber on May close to the fair grounds. Lumber Shed on 10th, north side near Villa Fox -- southside

If you are more interested in quantity hard wood: Yukon door and plywood General builders on Ann Arbor

Reply to
DanG

anyway unless one lives in a small apartment. You'll use it all eventually and having plenty of wood about encourages creativity.

Reply to
J. Clarke

While watching the news on Weather Channel this evening I suspect the cost of wood and building materials will be going up. Tornado damage everywhere.

Reply to
RonB

Sweeney Hardwoods in Fort Worth delivers into Oklahoma. Tel: 817-838-3095

Reply to
woodstuff