RE: Clever Those WoodSmith Folks

View this week's Woodsmith Tip online:

Lew Hodgett

approaches to problem-solving by careful readings of their construction articles -- the drawings are extremely well-detailed. Just by building the projects mentally, you can find methods or techniques that will apply to a project you might be thinking about. So often, an isolated tip -- even this clever one -- can just get lost.

I also like how they will break out a technique or construction detail from one of their main projects. For me, that sorta helps provide the mindset that it can be used for more than the project at hand.

BTW, there's a 3M product similar to the foam backer rod (though it's adhesive and a smaller diameter) used by auto body shops to provide a soft masked edge at gaps -- like the gap between door and fender -- just apply it behind the gap and spray away.

Reply to
Steve