RE: Cutting Small Parts on a Table Saw

Enjoy

Lew

---------------------------------- View this week's Woodsmith Tip Video online:

Lew Hodgett

In other words, if you've got a small part, keep it off the table saw.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

You're not alone. I did the same thing a couple of years ago.

But having experience with emergency rooms, I knew all they would do was clean the wound and bandage it - I chose to stay home and treat it myself. But my tetanus shot was up to date.

BTW, non-stick bandages are great! Something hospitals don't seem to have discovered. Last time they treated a damaged finger for me, changing the bandages they used was the most painful part of the whole process.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I thought about skipping the hospital but I was pretty sure it got into the bone. It did, so they had to give me antibiotics. I found out years ago that dirty bone injuries are a good way to get into all kinds of infections.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Aw, heck. Just dip the stub into the car battery and it's good as new. Debrided and everything! A swish of Betadine, a swab of Bacitracin, butterfly it closed, and walk it off. Nexxxxxxxxxxt!

-- Truth loves to go naked. --Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Unless you're allergic to iodine, then use phisohex for swishing.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Nice technique. I love safe thoughts. I have a lampshade to build with many small parts. This will surely help.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

You're not alone. I did the same thing a couple of years ago.

But having experience with emergency rooms, I knew all they would do was clean the wound and bandage it - I chose to stay home and treat it myself. But my tetanus shot was up to date.

BTW, non-stick bandages are great! Something hospitals don't seem to have discovered. Last time they treated a damaged finger for me, changing the bandages they used was the most painful part of the whole process.

************************************** I reached across a blade that was too high still under full power. Thumb almost to the bone.

Did you snip all the damaged meat out before closing it? They did, for me. I had a nice saw kerf in my thumb before they closed it. As far as non stick bandages go, yeah. big help. They did not have much like that in

1984.

-- Jim in NC

Reply to
Morgans