Ode To A Woodshop (After The Deluge)

Already with thee! tender is the thought that happily the UniSaw still sits her throne, Cluster'd around by her jointer, SCMS and routers. For here there is much light, saved from the breezes blown Through verdurous glooms and winding mossy ways, to await more cutting on happier days.

(with abject apologies to J. Keats and J. Browne)

Reply to
Swingman

The fact that you're able to have a laugh over it is a good sign. We lived in the Back Bay area of Biloxi years ago and the high water mark in our living room was at 7'. I think it made it well past that point this time around from what I've seen on the news.

Glad you're okay - tools can be cleaned and roofs replaced.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Nonetheless, you are a poet sir. Happy that you made it through with minimal damage. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Good to hear you've weathered the brunt. How did the build-project fare?

Reply to
Robatoy

If Keats had been a wooddorker with a shop to baby through a hurricane, he'd forgotten all about that damn turkey ... or whatever kind of bird it was! LOL

Reply to
Swingman

Swingman! Swingman! Are you alright? That branch that blew down whacked you upside the head pretty good. :-)

Good one sir; glad that things are looking OK

Mark & Juanita

I gotta say, after 4 previous hurricanes under my belt I truly felt my family was going to come home to a total disaster. We evacuated to New Ulm and stayed with my sister and friends. Fortunately we missed the big exodus.

Reply to
Leon

Don't blame you a bit. I also felt in my bones that this one may be bigger than Alicia and, had we still had a kid at home, we would have joined you up by White Hall and would not have even considered riding it out. As it was, I promised SWMBO that if it stayed a Cat 4/5 late on that Friday, I would reconsider. I just had too much at stake here on the ground, and was tickled to be wrong.

Glad to hear you're back and no worse for wear.

Reply to
Swingman