O/T: Welcome to SoCal

Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming in.

Life moves on.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Whatever you do, DO NOT forward that e-mail to anybody else!!

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Oh goody, you will get to see the reports on TV over and over and over and over,,,, And so in so's birdy flew around it's cage, will probably be reported by every TV station. :~) Glad to hear that you are not too concerned.

Reply to
Leon

So, you felt the earth move? You da man, Lew..

I spent 60 years in northern Cali and only one earthquake scared me... Beats the hell outta tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc IMO..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Later reduced to a 4.5, 10 miles north and a mile + down. As Maggy says: It's one that gives a fun ride but is too short. :-) jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

We had a nice one when I lived it Japan. I wasn't worried about the house but all I could think of was the concrete power pole in front. I expected it to snap off, but it didn't. Found out on another that came in the night--you can hear it coming!

No floods, earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires or hurricanes here, but there is the occasional Tornado. And armadillos.

Reply to
Gerald Ross