Enjoy

Lew

Lew Hodgett

17

Bill

Reply to
Bill

23

The test should factor time into account. I refused to eat any soup as a kid, so the Campbell's soup can was a problem.

RicodJour

Well, you can either add or subtract one, depending on how you answered this:

"Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?" (north of the equator) [] Counter Clockwise [] Clockwise [] Straight down

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Yeah, that bothered me, too. I knew the answer the test was looking for, but it's a stupid question.

RicodJour

23
Reply to
Morris Dovey

The question remains how did you answer the question?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

23

Weather and drains in the top half rotate the same way. Think of a screw stuck in the ground. A low pressure area is air moving up. It has to move counter-clockwise to move up. High pressure (air descending), or water going down a drain, has to move clockwise to go down. Easier than soup, and I don't smoke (matches).

Reply to
'lektric dan

I answered "Straight down", since "none of the above" wasn't an option. Result:

Wrong! [which I expected] Clockwise. (north of the equator) [which I found amusing]

They even got wrong, wrong.

Reply to
Mike Paulsen

Reminds me of the movie, "Yahoo Serious." In it they answer the question - Jokingly...

What is commonly refered to as the Coriolis Force (the force resulting from the Earth?s spin) is a couple orders of magnitude too small to affect the spin of a drain.

But if it weren't the water would travel counterclockwise.

They should have added a forth option, "The direction the jets are pointed in the toilet bowl."

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Actually, it was the movie, "Young Einstein", starring Yahoo Serious. My bad... You know you're a sick puppy when you argue with yourself.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

21

But I'll have to admit cheating on the first phone question, it was sitting between me and the keyboard and I have never been all that great with minor temptations.

basilsik

Reply to
basilisk

21/25. no cheats. not even the phone or book ones ;-)

jc

Reply to
Joe

My nitpicks were with the fan, the question doesn't state whethere looking at it from the endcap or the blade end, and I would bet that the "standard" number of wheel lugs is probably now 4 rather than 5. I did get both of those questions right though.

(19)

Reply to
Larry W

Zero - I don't do flash.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

21, but some of those don't have absolute answers.
Reply to
-MIKE-

If you don't, there are plenty of people in here waiting to. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I think you're wrong about that.

RicodJour

I've heard teachers spout that crap about the water rotation. People will believe anything.

Also, the Campbell's' soup question is unreasonable, it assumes you actua= lly

Hear, hear! I don't even like the design of the label.

RicodJour

You're out of your mind if you believe that bull$h!t.

Reply to
-MIKE-