O/T: Now That's A Burger

Years ago, I was at Walmart buying a can of Sam' Choice dog jerky strips. They look just like regular beef jerky, but are made for dogs.

A lady behind me in line was obviously reading the can as I stood in the checkout line. I turned to her and said, "They taste just like real beef jerky, and the grandkids don't know the difference."

It was one of those moments to remember. Every expression imaginable went over her face, beginning with politeness, then shock, then unmitigated rage. I paid my bill and left.

Nonny

Reply to
RES

Yeah we do.... And yeah, so was I! :-)

Reply to
Steve Turner

I'm surprised no one has remarked that with enough reefer, anything tastes good.

Reply to
Steve

In news:4c69ebd1$0$5003$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com, Steve spewed forth:

it's not quantity, it's QUALITY

Reply to
ChairMan

Steve wrote in news:4c69ebd1$0$5003 $ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

What's reefer?

Reply to
Han

:

You mean... like Doritos dipped in Nestle's Caramel sauce? I'm told that is pretty good.

Reply to
Robatoy

Refrigerated rail car. ~:o)))

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

Robatoy

As in refrigerator.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:4c6ae15f$0$4975 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Oh, ijskast ...

Reply to
Han

Han wrote in news:Xns9DD7A1BDFE243ikkezelf@

207.246.207.164:

Shoot, I'm still forgetting the smileys :) :) :)

Reply to
Han

Neeee, koelkast. *S*

Reply to
Robatoy

I think that would be "refer"

Reply to
Leon

Robatoy wrote in news:2399b46b-a527-44ea-aaca- snipped-for-privacy@g17g2000yqe.googlegroups.com:

You're too young

Reply to
Han

It's sailor talk. The refrigerated food storage on a ship is called the "reefer", possibly because you put your reefer (a heavy coat--the reason it's called a "reefer" goes back to the age of sail) on to keep warm when you go into it. By extension refrigerated railcars and refrigerated trucks are sometimes called "reefers".

Reply to
J. Clarke

Screaming Yellow Zonkers Rule!

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 00:24:11 -0600, Lew Hodgett wrote (in article ):

And the green chile!

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce