Norton 3X™

Is Norton 3X? Sandpaper of any special quality or capability? Just got an email that Lee Valley is selling it at a reduced rate and I was wondering if I should stock up on some.

Reply to
Dave

For sheet sand paper it is better than most.

Reply to
Leon

It's a motorcycle in True Grit!

Is Norton 3X? Sandpaper of any special quality or capability? Just got an email that Lee Valley is selling it at a reduced rate and I was wondering if I should stock up on some.

Reply to
m II

Fine Woodworking mag has a sandpaper review running this month. I think Norton was near the top but maybe surprisingly beat out by some others. Don't have mag handy to give exact info.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

It's certainly proven adequate to every task I have set it. Need to get some more--it was on a low shelf in the basement.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Did you ever own a Norton? Fast beautiful bike. WW

Reply to
WW

Nope. Drove a bike twice and drove off a cliff with one of the times. That finished that.

Only one with a driveshaft, no?

Reply to
m II