Norm withdrawals

I've got Norm withdrawals. I just checked the direct tv schedule and there are no woodworking shows on today. What we need is "THE WOODWORKERS CHANNEL". John

Reply to
Quadindad2

This is why God invented Tivo.

Reply to
<mslatter

go out to your shop, fire up your TS, and pretend YOU are Norm! :)

dave

Quad> I've got Norm withdrawals. I just checked the direct tv schedule and there are

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

That would not be good. I would have to get cable then.

Reply to
Phisherman

And how long do you think it will last before the yuppie brigade takes over and all they broadcast is useless crap like: While You Were Out in the Shop Trading Shop Spaces. What Not to Wear in the Shop Rally Round the Shop Poly - For Better or Worse.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:57:38 -0600, Quadindad2 wrote (in message ):

You obviously didn't get up early enough to watch David Marks "Wood Works" on DIY this AM. ;-)

(FYI, he built a very nice bookcase that is actually something I could use and just might attempt to build).

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Brissette

Shop "Survivor"

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

[snip]

I must have no life. I was even up early enough to catch Bruce Johnson and learn a new joint, the infamous "pinned biscuit joint." One minute he says that he loves the strength that pins add to a joint, then he proceeds to put phony pins over a biscuit joint using "wood plugs he picked up at his home center". What a complete dork!

Montyhp

Reply to
Montyhp

Now that would be a funny show.

-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at:

the NAIL from e-mail to reply

Reply to
Ed. O.

Take the dog for a walk and think about what you are currently working on or what your next project will be. You would not believe how well the dog helps you in this area.

:->

Jerry

Reply to
JAW

Don't forget to get the brad nailer out!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Open ended questions would be flying:

How would you like to nail that for me? Got any good wood lately? What kind of screws do you prefer? How do you make a tight butt joint?

Reply to
David Babcock

what about the Red-Green Show?-)

I've learned many new uses for Duct-Tape

Quad>I've got Norm withdrawals. I just checked the direct tv schedule and there are

Reply to
william kossack

At least it wasn't Bob "I'm Overbudget" Vila. and his Craftsman henchmen.

Reply to
David Babcock

And don't forget:

Be sure the wood fits tight in the joint. Make sure the penetration of your wood into the joint is complete. Don't forget the white glue when you pound your butt joints together.

Enough already... I think I'm feeling ill... I'll never look at a mortise and tenon the same again.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Me too.

Bobby

Reply to
Bobby Bewl

Disagree.

What we need is more money to buy our toys and more time to play with them. Watching TV and operating a shaper or jointer works only if one has already cut off the fingers.

We also need less interference from spouses, the telephone, etc.

I'd rather see something along the lines of C-Span for woodworkers. Put some webcams (shopcams) up in selected shops and just let 'em run.

The frame rate would have to be better than most of the webcam stuff I've seen to date.

Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson

Apparently, Brucey doesn't have much of a life either. I was picking up something at the local K-Mart Saturday, and guess who made a personal appearance to demonstrate Minwax finishing products?

Bruce, I'm gonna cut my arm off with this cheap tablesaw, Johnson! I left as soon as possible - The crowd could have turned ugly...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.