Norm gone from HGTV?

Just checked to see what upcoming shows HGTV was gonna show of Norm. Well, looks like Norm is gone. Entire month of March, no Norm.

Scrub

Reply to
Scrub

I get him on hgtv Sunday mornings @ 7AM CST which I record so that I can fast forward through the commercials.

Reply to
Bob

TOP POSTER ALERT!!!

By George you're right. Just checked zap2it listings as well as HGTV website...sure enough, no Norm. Los Angeles PBS station KGET dropped the show some time back. I can still get this year's shows on KOCE and KVCR. Don't know how long this'll last. I also get Roy Underhill on one of those stations. Seems that old woodworkers never die, they just fade away. Oh yeah, regarding the top posting; that's the default setting, and I LIKE IT!

Reply to
good ol' Bob

I wish everyone would top post. It's a pain in the arch having to scroll down to the bottom of the post to get at a reply. Especially, when most readers of the NG already know what the crux of the original message already was.

Reply to
Bob

Not in your lifetime. People with sequentially logical minds and who know how to clip text still outnumber you.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Top-posting screws up the flow of the conversation, and (ahem) encourages people to lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yeah, but what's that got to do with Norm not being on HGTV?

Reply to
good ol' Bob

Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because of the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.

Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because of the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're replying to, rather than the points they're addressing.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

And what do you call your reply, where you lazily left the entire message and posted both top and bottom? You practicing for politics or something?

Reply to
mp

There is a certain element who just don't get it. My suggestion to you is to climb the highest mountain, shout at the top of your lungs "I just don't get it!" You will never experience a higher approval and agreement rating.

Reply to
good ol' Bob

Personally, I prefer top posting because you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of what someone forgot to snip to read their one-line comment. And I REALLY prefer it over middle-posting, where you have to figure out what one-line comment they've inserted somewhere in the original

3 page rant. And as far as snipping goes, I'd prefer that people don't snip because it means I don't have to go looking at the previous postings to figure out what they hell they're talking about. But I've been on high-speed internet since about 1997, so I'm pretty spoiled, I guess.

Cl> > I wish everyone would top post. It's a pain in the arch having to scroll

Reply to
Clint

And BTW, I wouldn't tell someone else that there is just one way to post in a newsgroup (not that I'm saying you're doing that). To each their own, and all that rot. What I really dislike (even more than middle-posters) is the people who insist that their way is the right way, and everything else is reportable to your ISP.

Cl> > I wish everyone would top post. It's a pain in the arch having to scroll

Reply to
Clint

I>> Bullshit. The reason people are driven to top posting is because

p>> the bottom posters who lazily leave in the entire post they're r>> replying to, rather than the points they're addressing. e>

f>And what do you call your reply, where you lazily left the entire e>message r >and posted both top and bottom? You practicing for politics or

s>

i d e p o s t i n g .

- -

DL

"Hopefully with the demon-spawn Whitsitt out of the picture our scouts and coaches will be able to do their jobs."

::::::::::::::::

Halter Sucks!

Reply to
DL

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:20:44 -0700, LRod wrote (in article ):

8^)

Reply to
Bruce

Give it time, they will. You should still trim, though.

Reply to
CW

All I have left of Norm on HGTV is Sunday a.m. also. I have two PBS stations one of which carries him on Saturday at noon and the other on sunday at 6:30. This is of course only when they are not fundraising or running some obscure show.

I wrote to HGTV several years back when they first took Norm off they daily a.m. slot, obviously it didn't work. Anyone have DIY network? I'm thinking about upgrading my cable service to get DIY. Does DIY have any good shows or just more of the "drive by paint & primp" shows currently on HGTV?

Reply to
Ray V

DIY isn't much better than HGTV. They've really gone after the housewife. You have to search to find any cool tool shows. Hardly worth the added cost in my opinion.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Every year our PBS station runs the new season of Norm for six or seven episodes in Jan and Feb. Then, March is their fundraising month (why do they need an entire month for fundraising - TWICE a year??) so Norm is not on. Then in April, they pick up Norm again, but it is reruns. For the last two years, I have emailed our PBS station and informed them that they need to finish out the seasion. I always get a very helpful person who fixes the line up. And it's only after they fix the lineup that I send a donation - to the helpful person so she knows...

Reply to
bob

Makes sense to me.

Barry (FWIW, Thunderbird and Agent default to bottom posting)

Reply to
B a r r y