Norm's router table (again...)

For the ignorant people what is ABPW

Reply to
henry

For the ignorant it is A Big Pouty Woman. But for those in the know, it's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking .

:-)

Reply to
Greg Neill

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I see the Re's with comments, but no pictures . . .

Reply to
Petrified Woodworker

Nice table. I also built a similar one and need to make the door. I was planning to put air intake holes on door. Have you found that it wasnt nessessary?

Reply to
henry

Depends on what you like. I put about $40 into the top with a double-layer of 3/4 ply, laminate and curly maple edging, some nice stable 9/4" mesquite I got for nothing from my dad for a custom adjustable fence, $10 for a electrical box and switched outlet, and about $15 worth of leftover jummywood for an open frame to set the nice top and fence on. Works great, and I've never had occasion to worry about the looks of the base.

Reply to
Prometheus

Reply to
Don Dando

Does not show up in A.B.P.W.

Reply to
Petrified Woodworker

There's a bit of a gap under the door that allows a stream of air to sweep the debris to the rear. To be honest it was an afterthought - I cut off some of the door to form the gap.

Cliff

Reply to
cdo