New Project

The TV will never be hidden, it will always be visible..and AAMOF in stand by mode it displays a slide show of pictures if set up that way.

Dark but slightly illuminated, with the TV being the only thing on it is a bit too much.

Actually IR lights from the remotes travels through the speaker grills just fine. The doors center material will be some type speaker grill material.. Not sure of cloth or metal yet.

My picture would be worth a thousand words. :-)

We have a FlexSteel powered love seat recliner with center console for remotes on order. :-)

Agreed, the front and center speaker might go on top. Each of the three grilled doors will hide electronics, 8' wide and 6 drawers.

Reply to
Leon

I have some pretty good book shelf speakers, rear wall mounted satellite speakers, and a back corner located 12" powered sub. The front book shelf speakers and center leaker will set on top or behind the grills.

IR travels through cloths leaker cloth and perforated metal just like visible light does. I have tested this and there is no issue.

Reply to
Leon

YEAH! Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Our current setup has dark tinted glass doors. We are tired of the seeing the equipment lights shining through the glass doors and really don't have a good alternative location.

Reply to
Leon

I have the latest Genie DVR/DirecTV. Unfortunately it only uses the latest miniature RF remote. The older RF remotes will not work on the actual DVR. They, the RF remotes, do work on the clients in the bedrooms however.

Reply to
Leon

Actually,

Leon

Yep, saw your earlier reply to others with similar concerns.

Thanks for your reply and looking forward to forthcoming photos...

Reply to
Digger