New member

Wow, that was an obscure one, even for a big fan of theirs. :-)

Chuck Vance (Violet Dawn Dudley?)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

I do have most of their albums... Giant Rat has always been one of my faves.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:35:35 -0600, the opaque Dave Balderstone spake:

I understand that he drowned last year. So did my fave coffee beans, Seattle Mountain Sumatran.

If I weren't a sober person, I'd switch to a carload of industrial coke.

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mine too, but I've never run across anyone else who felt the same. :-)

Chuck Vance (who owns everything they ever recorded, and used to have most of it memorized)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

See? On the Internet, you can find someone who shares your interests, no matter how ...unusual... they are. This usually applies to a different topic, but it's fitting here as well.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Conan The Librarian wrote in news:d8v2pp$doh$1 @news.swt.edu:

That explains a few things.

Patriarch, who has been known to come up with old John Prine lyrics, and most of the Lyle Lovett catalog. MUCH more Neander-appropriate. ;-)

Reply to
Patriarch

Not to mention the dulcet tones of Gid Tanner and the Skillet Lickers. now that was MUSIC, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Yeah, that oil beer goes through you like a hot car...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:49:55 -0600, the opaque Dave Balderstone spake:

I don't recognize that one.

P.S: I didn't find any navigation (Firefox, NN7, or IE6) on the woodenwabbits.com site. No link but the word "links."

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Giant Rat, the scene where Hemlock is pretending to be "Joe From Chicago"

Ayup. That's the current state. Change is in the wind, though...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:28:41 -0600, the opaque Dave Balderstone spake:

I have the album but probably listened to it only twice or so, back when I was still imbibing mass quantities of anything in sight.

Bueno, bwana.

------------------------------------------- Crapsman tools are their own punishment

Comprehensive Website Design ======================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean there was more than one band called the Skillet Lickers? What are the odds... (The only one I knew of was Levay Smith and the Red Hot Skillet Lickers) Smaller world than I thought, I guess.

Reply to
Prometheus

This group which featured Tanner and McMichen on fiddle, Riley Puckett on vocals and guitar, and Fate Norris on banjo recorded in the 20s and

30s. IIRC they also had a 15 minute radio show in Georgia someplace. Next up is Uncle Dave Macon and his Fruit Jar Drinkers. :-)

The Smithsonian has some interesting collections of various kinds of music and performers. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

IOW, "everything old is new again..."

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Sounds like an entirely different animal- Levay Smith is one of those smoky-voiced female jazz singers and the Skillet Lickers are a jump-blues band, in the one I had in mind. They came a bit later, so I wonder if they snagged the name from the guys you mentioned. :)

Reply to
Prometheus

Duane wrote: No, I'd make real muntins for separate lights...but, I'd use a small quarter mould to hold the glass, fastened w/ brads.

And now I'm thinking real muntins would be easier, too...Jeeminy, these small f^*&!#& pieces will never work! Thanks, again. Tom

Reply to
tom

I hear ya', brother... :)

Good luck, I think it well may be easier and it'll definitely look better.

BTW, make a piece wide enough for four muntins (including waste) and cut to length. Make end cope cuts first, then mould the outside edges. Now rip the two outer ones off and mould the final edge. Repeat as many times as needed...

HTH...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth