New "Inexpensive" Oneida Dust Gorilla = 2HP Commerical system

I just saw that Onedia has introduced a new cyclone for $845 (which includes brackets and drum).

the specs (dimensions and power curve), it IS the 2HP commerical system. This was confirmed with a call to a sales rep at Onedia who said it is basically the same 2HP comemrical system with an import motor and a lower quality paper filter (compared to the spun polyester filter of Oneida's traditional product line). The warranty is the same.

Some of you Wood magazine subscribers may recall that the 2HP Oneida commerical system bested the field of competing cyclones (Woodsucker, PennState, old-Grizzly, et al.) in ithe Wood Mag Dec 2003 issue, at all but the highest SP loss. The 2HP commerical system, however, is very expensive compared to the machines it beat out.

I am thinking about upgrading to a cyclone and was waiting to hear reviews on the new Grizzly machines (also shipping this month). Now, it looks like there is something else to consider as well. Nice to see some healthy competition for reasonably priced, high-quality cyclones.

Anyone know anything else about the "Dust Gorilla"? Has anyone already placed an order who is willing to provide a review when it arrives? Oneida says they'll be shipping in two weeks.

Lars

Reply to
Lars S.

Oneida is working on my duct plan as we 'speak.' The rep told me that although this is an import motor, it is of comparable quality and is rated as class F. It has the same 2 year warranty, and if it needs repair within the warranty, you can upgrade to the Leeson motor and just pay the price difference.

The filter hss the same filtering characteristics. It actually has more sq. foot. The rep says it is a little harder to clean because the pleats are tighter, and will probably need to be replaced a bit sooner. Again, it can be upgraded to the standard filter when it needs replacing without changing any ducting etc.

The cyclone, impeller, etc is all the same as the 2 hp commercial.

steve

Reply to
Mr Fixit eh

Thanks. Please let us all know your experiences (especially anything unexpected) once you get your dust gorilla up and running.

Lars

Reply to
Lars S.