New Free #D sketch program

Yeah, you can, for *now*.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I have a year old copy and may try sharing my old XP box with it.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks for the tip. Love Virtual Box, use it to test other distros. Not a big fan of Ubuntu though. But then again thats why we have choices.

Reply to
Rich

I can't comment on that as I have had no time to compare the two. I would have to unlearn my interface with VW, and start fresh.

It has a dimension tool. Graphics have a settings file which looks pretty good for a working OpenGL view.

Pretty smooth on my PC, but it has a fancypants graphics card. I installed the 64 bit version, maybe that helped?

I have not found any shortcut keys, but that would be a major deal- breaker for me as there isn't a proper toolbar either. I'm not in love, but don't hate it either.

They are hiding. The right-click uncorks a wealth of modelling tools.

Did you read the overview, Leon?

thing is mighty powerful.

Reply to
Robatoy

Let me re word that, it seems that orbiting works like Google earth, not like Sketchup. My graphics card is pretty trick too, no hesitation but getting things back to normal is not how I like to do it.

I saw a lot of tools, just not program tweaks.

> This thing is mighty powerful.

So they say.

Reply to
Leon

Here's a ubuntu based gnome distro:

Doug Winterburn

No-way did they expect to pull away SU users. The metaphor they use in their interface is different.

But NOW: STL in/out in meshes.

I'm sold =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

You asked, we listened =96 Beta 5 is full of new features requested by the community.

=95 NEW! Create 2D sheets for documentation.

=95 NEW! import/export support for IGES and DXF files; plus STL import and mesh data export to STL.

=95 NEW! Additional primitive objects - Pyramid, Wedge, Cone, and the amazing Polyhedron. These are just a few of the many improvements - go to the Autodesk 123D site to learn more!

Reply to
Robatoy