Need some advice on band saw

I'm a novice worker and only have $350.00 to work with so was wondering for that amount what would be my best choice in a band saw....and don't really want a bench top if I can avoid it cause they look way to small for some of the projects.

THANKS GUYS!

Reply to
DUALLY DUALLY

Doug Winterburn

If you click on the Product Demo link you get a one minute video describing a "generic" free lifetime parts & service agreement for Rigid tools.

Does that mean that the free service applies to the Band Saw? It's not exactly what I'd call a "Product Demo" so if *that* description is wrong, it's hard for me to be confident that any information found by the link applies to the product.

If the Band Saw does come with free service agreement, does anybody know if there's a catch or limitations? Is a blade considered a "part"? ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

There are thousands of old Delta band saws that are sold for a small amounts. With a little time and effort, you end up with a nice restored saw.

Go here and look around for a few weeks,months,years:

up and watch the forums...you will see some very amazing restorations like this:

one from one of the many on Craigs List

will almost certainly find one on your local list.

or

Pat Barber

Not sure where you ar located but I have that Ridgid bandsaw listed by Doug. I am in SF bay area. It is slightly older style. I bought it second hand a few years back and did only a few hours work total over the intervening years. I will put it on craigs list soon because I have a bigger replacement I use now. If your interested maybe $150?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Don't forget used. I've gotten some incredible deals on barely-used shop tools on craigslist. 350 could get a reeeealy nice bandsaw, at used prices.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Not sure where you ar located but I have that Ridgid bandsaw listed by Doug. I am in SF bay area. It is slightly older style. I bought it second hand a few years back and did only a few hours work total over the intervening years. I will put it on craigs list soon because I have a bigger replacement I use now. If your interested maybe $150?

I'll take it!

Um.....can you bring it to Michigan? ;)

Reply to
Justin Time

I was looking at that exact BS for sale on local Craigslist and the seller was asking $200, nearly new, rarely used. I jumped to a reply as soon as I saw it and would have gone out with cash as soon as they replied. Unfortunately, someone else knew it was a good deal and I missed out.

Reply to
Justin Time

I'll vote with several others on checking Craigslist. I bought a Delta 9" desktop for $30. Now it did need a new set of tires ($6.00), but it serves me well. If I ever see a bigger saw - for a similar reduced price - I'll go for it and sell the baby.

Reply to
HeyBub

Didja notice the wink?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 10:12:54 -0600, "James"

Norm Abram wannabe eh? Norm has a router for almost every router bit. You appear to have the same aspirations with bandsaws. One bandsaw for every blade size.

Reply to
Dave