Need help rewiring a DeWalt 7790 radial arm saw

Hello!

I was lucky enough to get a DeWalt 7790 12" RAS from a pawnshop for $125. It was in great condition and runs well; I think I only got the price I did because it took up so much space in the shop. I love it, but I'd like to rewire it for 220 volts. There's a very helpful diagram on the case that shows how to do this, and it's only a matter of switching a couple of wires from one wire nut to the other.

There are two problems, though: one, I am badly colorblind. Two, the insulation is so faded that I'm not sure anyone could reliably tell me which wires were which based on the color. I really don't want to blow it up.

If someone out there has a manual or wiring diagram, they might be able to tell me how to tell which wires were which, based on their origins and (perhaps) the current that should be flowing through them when I've got it wired for 110. I'm good with a multitester.

Anyone have any guidance? I'd appreciate it.

Reply to
skipsizemore

Try Here.

Reply to