n.i.n free no more

There was a post in alt.free.newsservers this nmorning from the folks at news.individual.net. Seems they can no longer aford to keep it going for free. It was a university project which was completed in 2002 and they've been keeping it going on the cuff ever since while looking for new funding.

So they are instituting a fee of 10 Euros a year. Not a lot :-).

So for those of us using it, we have till the end of March to pay up or find another server. Go to their website for details.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I would much rather be billed 2 cents per submission. It might cost me $20 bucks a year but it would but a serious dent in some of the mass mailings.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

Crikey. That would cost me $160 a year.

(Or would have in my heyday anyway. I'm less prolific these days.)

Reply to
Silvan

Nope. I just switched to n.i.n about 3 weeks ago after AOHell dropped its newsfeed.

I'm pretty much leaning toward ponying up for n.i.n but if anyone's got another suggestion I'd be interested in hearing it.

Marc

Reply to
Marc Wolfe