My Video of Shooting Nail Gun Into Garage Door

it out. I compared shooting a nail gun to throwing a nail into a foam insulated garage door. Get your popcorn and let it fly! :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

ROTFLMAO ... go grab another beer! :)

Reply to
Swingman

Astounding!

Reply to
Robatoy

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:40:20 -0600, -MIKE- I compared shooting a nail gun to throwing a nail into a foam insulated

Oh well, it was a Harbor Freight gun. No wonder it wouldn't go through the door.

Go get another beer and then use a *real* nail gun.

:)

Reply to
Dave

UUuuhhhhhh.............. What does the outside of the door look like?

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I got seasick watching it though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I don't recall "Here Hold My Beer"!

Reply to
Leon

Mike you crazy man! Thanks for going that before I did. Although I was not at all going to believe that the nail would even reach the door you did prove that the nail looses considerable speed and force in a very short distance as opposed to common folk lore.

Now I assume the nail did not go through a body part first. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

How many retakes did it take to hit the door. The second time.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I'd like to see what the outside of the door looks like... might find out that there are dents from the nail gun if it's a steel door... ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

John Grossbohlin wrote the following on 1/28/2012 8:50 AM (ET):

or worse, if it is an aluminum door.

Reply to
willshak

That is what caused my first comment. It looked like both nails went in about the same distance which might have been the thickness of the foam. You have to expect if it hit very the metal very hard it might have bounced back a bit.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Ok, I went out and checked on the outside of the door.... which, yes, is some sort of flimsy metal. There are two dimples with tip sized pinholes on the out side, one from the nailgun and one from my pitching arm. :-)

I will try to take some more video of the outside of the door... and I'll set up another firing into some 1" flight case foam I have for my drum cases.

In the mean time, I need to run some 10/2 w/ground over to where my new water heater is going.

Stay tuned!

Reply to
-MIKE-

careful with that 10/2, you could put an eye out!

Reply to
Steve Barker

Especially if you're using a Milwaukee Hole Shooter...

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I drove nails into back to back tuba4's before shooting at the door just to be sure it was up to power. As soon as I have a beer, I'll go shoot some more. (insert redneck story here)

Reply to
-MIKE-