My eBay gloat!

I normally don't do this, but can't resist. It wasn't a pedigreed Unisaw, but a Taiwan-made cabinet saw with 2hp Emerson motor and 52" Biesemeyer fence. Years ago, Crapsman used to sell a similar model from their catalog, under the Crapsman Professional (oxymoron) brand. I just hooked it up and it runs fine. I won it for $200, used a 10% off ebay coupon (search on fatwallet.com or your favorite "deals" page), and picked it up locally. $180 out the door!!!

Reply to
AL

Okay, you suck; happy now? Where is the 10$ off coupon?! I looked at fatwallet.com, but didn't find anything.

Enjoy the saw.

Reply to
Toller

Go to fatwallet.com, click on "forums", "hot deals", then put "ebay" in "title search" and click "go". Read away. The links are really long and probably aren't worth copying and pasting.

Reply to
AL

I thought if you won something you got it for free. The winner gets to spend money, the losers get to keep theirs. Just does not make sense. Sounds like you "bought" the saw for $200.

Anyway, good luck with the saw. The fence alone is worth more than what you paid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's eBay vernacular used to whip bidders into a frenzy...

True...

Good Luck with your new saw, and Work Safely.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

What Craftsman model # is it? They used to sell some very decent cabinet saws made by Colovos that are still being sold (e.g. through Grainger) today.

How long ago did you get "win" it off e-bay?

H.

Reply to
hylourgos

The saw has a "Dayton" sticker on it, referring to the Emerson brand apparently licensed by Grainger, in the same way as Home Depot licenses Emerson's Ridgid brand. Years ago, I saw identical Crapsman Professional saws in the Crapsman tool catalog. Thank you for the name of the oem. I didn't know that. I do believe that is what I won a few days ago.

Reply to
AL