Couldn't Resist

Most people agree that if you have to go, drowning in varnish provides the best finish.

I re-found this gem in an old book, "Wise and Wacky Wit" and I couldn't resist sharing it with the group.

John

Reply to
John Flatley

That reminds me of my old friend Paddy McHolihan who worked at the Guinness plant, and one day he fell into a huge vat of stout and drowned. I was given the difficult task of informing mrs. McHholihan the sad news about her husband's unfortunate demise. So I went over to her house and told her the news.

She responded, "Oh Glen, that is so sad, but at least he died quickly and didn't suffer"

I answered, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it wasn't a quick death. He had to climb out of the vat three times to relieve himself before he died."

;-) Glen

Reply to
Glen

Having drunk Guiness Stout, I'm not so sure he climbed out before he relieved himself. As a part Irishman myself, I've had the pleasure of visiting the Guiness Brewery in Dublin, which is right on the River Liffe. If you ever smelled Boston Harbor back in the 60s, you have an idea of what the Liffe smells like. I assume they get their water from the Liffe.

That's why I drink Harp Lager instead.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Liffey, and no, the water used does not come from the River Liffey.

That's why I drink Harp Lager instead.

I'd sooner die of thirst.

Reply to
Mike