Multi tool workstation

A while back I had come across a set of plans on the Internet for a work/tool table. It was about 2' X8' with a lower section in the middle for inserting various tools i.e.. miter saw, planer, sanding station ect. ect.. The thing that impressed me most was that the base of the unit was a torsion box made of mdf every 6" in both directions making for a very stable, non-flexing base. Well I should have copied the plans when I found them but...I was wondering if anyone knows were I could find a set of these plans. I could design it from scratch but it would be definitely less complicated if I could find the existing plans.

Thanks in advance Dan

Reply to
dan

I think this is what you are looking for. The link did not work for me, maybe it will work later.

it doesn't work, let me know. I saved all the webpages to that article.

"dan" wrote

Reply to
spearfox

"spearfox" wrote

That might be it. I can't get the link to work either. I would really appreciate it if you could email it to me. Please remove "nospam" from my address first.

Thank you very, very much Dan

Reply to
dan

You might also try American Woodworker Magazine. They had plans for a work/tool table in their October 2000 issue (#87 I think). This one used a torsion box for the base, had ample storage for the powertools, could add a router table to the system, had casters for mobility and a leveling system.

I tried the web address but all I could get was an "Under Construction" page. The address is

luck

Reply to
MHaseltine

Dan,

Check your inbox, I emailed you the files you are talking about.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34

I noticed the link was down a few weeks ago. Luckily I saved it. I tried to contact the author to find out if the plans would be re-posted, but got no response.

************************************ Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me) ************************************
Reply to
Chris Merrill

Woodchuck tried to send it to me earlier today and I don't know if it got munged up in the sending or if my inadequate computer skills killed it, I couldn't get it opened. Probably the later of the two.

But I did get a picture out of what he sent me and that's the right page.

Dan

Reply to
dan

The link goes down every so often. It will eventually be back up. Or you could do a google search and see if they have it cached.

dan wrote:

Reply to
Mapdude

Here's a copy of the plans:

************************************Chris Merrill snipped-for-privacy@christophermerrillZZZ.net (remove the ZZZ to contact me)

Reply to
Chris Merrill

"Chris Merrill" > Here's a copy of the plans:

I've copied the plans this time onto my computer and a printed copy. And saved the link...

Thanks to all who have helped and emailed. Dan

Reply to
dan