Mortices with a router

On my old Ryobi RE600 the 1/4" collet is an adaptor that fits into the 1/2" collet, which is not removable.

I thought they all worked that way. I'll have to look again.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Many routers have separate collets that thread onto the axle. Mine came with 1/4" and 1/2", but 3/8" and 8mm are also available.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

On Porter Cable, which is the only brand with which I have any real experience with current models, the collet is completely removable. It works like the collet in a Dremel or a Rotozip--there are different collets for different shaft diameters.

I'd be leery of any design in which that wasn't the case.

Reply to
J. Clarke