Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On 3/11/2016 2:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I guess it wasn't fast drying poly.
Yeah, I missed it too.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Holy cow - I certainly missed that! Walking away a little embarrassed just now...
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 21:53:40 UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

oor with white streaks. It was like a chemical reaction craziness. Whatever the cause was, I used a hair dryer. With the hottest setting, I took time . With patience, the streaks went away like a miracle. It was after 24 hou rs of drying. If I had use the hot air earlier, it might have taken less t ime. But hot air works.

After a week of babying a dining room set to get it just perfect before var nishing, we applied this MinWax product and.... white streaks everywhere! T hanks to Google and all of you here, I did as you suggested, and used a hai rdryer on the varnish less than an hour after the streaks appeared. It took only a few minutes, it now looks beautiful! Thank you to all of you who po st and share your experience!
replying to bw, Rental wrote: Sad to say it's just the Minwax....us ed it for years with no prob...going on 3rd attempt at this job...used Minwax twice after talking to their help line...switched to Rust-oleum...no prob..Sherwin-williams bought Minwax....wonder what they have done
This is an EASY fix!! The same thing happened to some interior doors I had stained and applied the same polyurethane to. Just get a blow dryer and go over the hazy areas. It takes a little time, but works like magic and stays looking like new. Wish I would have known this years ago when I had the sa me problem, stripped down everything, and started over 😫
replying to bw, Marie wrote: EASY fix! Use a blow dryer on it. It takes a little time, bit works like magic! (and stays fixed)