How to clean up concrete "haze" without harming sealer?

Greetings all!

My wife and I are putting in a pool/spa with a concrete patio, and it turns out our vile pool contractor has acquired a justly deserved "F" rating by from the Better Business Bureau during the course of our project (long, horrible story, don't want to go into it...thanks), so I am turning instead to this newsgroup for some useful advice.

The stamped "reddish sandstone" concrete was laid down and sealed about two months ago. Two tracks were cut into the concrete today (alongside the pool) to accomodate the tracks for the automatic cover. The wet concrete from the cutting has produced a significant "concrete haze"; I am familiar with "haze" from tilework I have done, but am not sure the same term applies to concrete...by "haze," I am talking about the whitish residue which is really hard to successfully remove even with our 1800psi power washer. My wife and I gave it a pretty earnest shot this afternoon, but were reluctant to go crazy with the power washer for fear of doing some damage to the sealer (and it seemed we were making only meager progress at eliminate the "haze").

How should we approach this problem? Are there products that will facilitate the clean-up of the concrete haze? Do these products have undesirable side effects, like eliminating the sealer as well as the concrete residue?

Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

A light Muratic acid solution will remove the haze and not effect the obviously usless sealant you had applied to the concrete.....Why do I say usless.... well if it was sealed the cement dust that was liquified from the saw would have not stuck to the concrete now would it have? If you used a pressure washer (although 1800 psi is not much) and this did not come off your concrete was not sealed properly or more than likley not at all. When yo cut concrete as they did with you deck the dimomd blade is essentially re grindng the concrete ingreaidants and adding water to them..typically this will "stain"surrounding concrete slightly but if hosed off quickly it is not a problem.

as well as the

Mix the muratic acid and water (follow directi> Greetings all!

Reply to
Italian