Merry Christmas Y'all!

and a Happy New Year!
Leon wrote:

Likewise, to ya'll. With some dog bark thrown in from our pooch who is experiencing the holidays for her first time. Too early to tell what sort of shop dog she'll be. She is inquisitive, but not so good at "come here" or "stop/drop that", unless you offer a bribe.
Bill
On 12/25/2017 7:53 PM, Bill wrote:

;~)
On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Right back at cha!
Rented an old farm house with my brothers. Big family get together. Pirogies on Christmas Eve, Italian on Christmas day. Wood stove cranking, hot tub every night - after shoveling a path to it. 104 in the tub, mid-twenties right next to it. Heading to VT in the morning to go skiing with my daughter.
It's doesn't get much better than this!
Merry Christmas to all.
On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 22:04:01 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Talked with my son in Vermont, Christmas morning. They had had a foot of snow already and it was still coming down. Drive safely.

Other than the Winter driving part. I done enough of that for a lifetime.

#MeToo
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 9:07:06 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I've heard that the official plowing policy for VT is:
"God put it there, God can take it away."

The ride to VT was OK except for up near Barre. Bad squall came through. Very limited visibility and extremely greasy conditions. Rutland (where my daughter lives) is fine except for the cold.
I think we're going to skip the skiing today and just hang out. It's -4 Too cold to have any fun.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 05:39:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

No, that's the GA plan. If it takes a week, so be it. Actually, that's the _one_ thing that Vermont does right. A foot of snow will be off the roads within four hours of the end of the storm. Three feet may take a day or two. ;-)

We lived in the Burlington area for 14 years. There is a (well, more than one) reason we moved South.
On 12/27/2017 8:50 AM, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I like the kind of snow we had a few weeks ago. It only stick to things that made it pretty. ;~) Absolutely none on the sidewalks, streets, or roads.

Right. They should pass a law that snow is only allowed to stick to green things.
On 12/26/2017 12:04 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Sounds GREAT! all of it!

Never quite understood the attraction. Sweat like a pig below the waterline, freeze above it.
I don't get it! 8|
nb

I guess it depends on what's going on below the water line and the beverages above. ;-)

I was jes gettin' used to scotch (JW-Red), when my neighbors offered me an evening in their new hot tub and some shots of White Horse 18 yr old scotch. I haven't touched scotch, since! (not wild about hot tubs, either) ;)
nb
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 10:38:12 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

Relaxing conversation with family and friends after a hectic day of "vacationing", trying to name the constellations, marveling at the occasional shooting star, all the while enjoying the massaging bubbles.
What's not to get?