floor style

this style is not one i would choose

have to admit that have not seen this in person before

maybe it is meant to offset the formal furniture

or is it an old style where you need less long boards to complete the floor

MHP-1-1030x834.jpg

also interesing to see where some flooring is perpindicular to the entrances and some is parallel

for a long entry the perpendicular looks better to my eye

Reply to
Electric Comet

eart-Pine-Midnight-

I like it.

I wonder if the wood is suppose to be heart pine. I suspect it might be s alvaged 6" pine sub-wall type boards.... it looks just like my bedroom & gr eat room flooring.... but that flooring has no nail hole type defects. To me, the grain is too wide for heart pine. It doesn't look like old tight

-grained heart pine. Also, good tight-grained heart pine is usually not 6 " wide, as I know it..... it's either 2", 3" 4" wide or very wide (and thic k) planks, though we can't tell the thickness in the pics.

Good old heart pine would be more red in color, also, I think.

I see one edge, against the right wall, is perpendicular to the central boa rds. That's a neat edging feature, but that feature makes it look a littl e too busy, maybe. There's enough busyness in the different board's grain (and furniture), so that edging is a little too much, maybe.

That space needs an old thick real heart pine table, not the one that's the re!

ces and some is parallel

The main link, for those other floors, would have helped. Those comments were a little confusing, at first.

After looking further, your original link floor doesn't look like their own "recovered heart pine" labeled flooring. It looks like their Old Florida . The Old Florida looks like my salvaged subwall pine boards, now my floor ing.

I suppose it depends on who defines the lumber... to a possible unknowing c ustomer.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Do not know but check out the web site.

Markem

I like but you chose hard timber

You check our websites. These are very informative and helpful.

Reply to
Ruby Mia

That pattern works OK for a relatively small, square room, drawing the eye to the table as the centerpiece.

Unfortunately, there is an extreme mismatch between the furniture style and the flooring, which is too rustic. The flooring should have been something knot-free, with tighter, straighter grain.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

It would work with a rectangular room, too, with a similarly rectangular table. I don't think the difference in the geometry can be that great and still have it look good though. I don't think I would build a room around a piece of furniture, though.

Again, I don't think I'd build a room around a piece of furniture but I'd probably do the same because it would be less offensive with any decor.

Reply to
krw

well the style may also be born from necessity as fewer long boards are required

mismatches are sometimes purposeful and are a style

that combo does not look good to me

Reply to
Electric Comet

Alright you are confused in this region.

Reply to
Ruby Mia