Marking gauge poll: results in

Marking gauge poll results are in. (Not very many votes) And the winner is (drum roll please)...wheel style cutter. Please don't forget your door prizes on the way out.

POLLS:

What style marking gauge do you use most often?

What's a marking gauge? (2%, 1 Votes) I don't use marking gauges. (14%, 6 Votes) Gauge with pin style cutter. (21%, 9 Votes) Gauge with wheel style cutter. (36%, 15 Votes) Gauge with knife style cutter. (27%, 11 Votes) Total Voters: 42

GarageWoodworks

You use a pin for cross's grain and a knife that is angled in for parallel grain.

If you are a cabinetmaker.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

I have seen nothing but your opinion stating the parallel/cross grain relationship to the knife/pin. Quite the contrary. From what I have seen it is either a personal preference or a regional tradition.

Where did your info come from?

G.S.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

It was a troll, sort of.

It is actually backwards.

I really don't like the pizza cutters but who cares.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Don't do that!

I certainly thought it was backwards, but as a weekend wood-butcher, I question my own understanding when presented by a contrary view from an obvious pro. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reply to
alexy

Reply to
GarageWoodworks