The Ultimate Marking Gauge

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lQAm9OjV8iQ?rel=0

The eccentric placement of the rod through the brass face and aluminum body ensures a large reference surface for square registration. The short side can also be used when space is restricted. As an added advantage, the eccentric face makes this gauge less likely to roll off the work surface.
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 7:42:26 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:

"Yup...we've added a laser...with only negligible charring." I love it!
I want that job.
On 4/1/2017 7:42 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Thanks, forgot it was April 1st. Excellent , starts off very real, then the leg pulling begins..
--
Jeff

On 4/1/2017 8:25 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Yeah! I almost thought it was a miss for April 1. Seemed like a regular ad for a little while there. LOL

Is what's even funnier, is, if someone hadn't mentioned April Fools Day, Ida figured it fer an authentic ad. It wasn't until the Sharpie attachment, that I started becoming suspicious. ;)
nb

A fat Sharpie, at that.
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 10:29:52 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Did you hear the $10 word used in that segment?
"With proprioceptive practice, you can create the 2 marks simultaneously."
I had to look that one up! ;)
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 07:46:50 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

No, I had the sound turned off.

On 4/1/2017 9:16 AM, notbob wrote:

I think the cheap ass looking set up gauges, the red ones that looked like red painted dowels, was what finally fulfilled my expectations. ;~)
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 10:30:49 AM UTC-4, Leon wrote:

Can you imagine being on the team that gets to make those videos every year?
How much fun would that be?

Agree.
It was the cheapo plastic magnifying glass that started me wondering. I know Lee sells some cheapo junk, but that plastic mag glass was "crappo/cheapo" in the extreme. Hardly what I'd expect from Lee's fine tool line. ;)
nb
On 4/1/2017 7:30 AM, Leon wrote:

That was the point where I finally busted out laughing...
On Sat, 01 Apr 2017 11:42:15 +0000, Spalted Walt

As usual with Veritas, a superbly engineered and executed precision tool. What belse needs to be said??
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 7:42:26 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:

Did you recognize the "something from your shop" that he measured at 1:05?
Spalted Walt wrote:

I'm surprised they didn't also offer a left-handed version.
--
GW Ross

On Sat, 01 Apr 2017 11:42:15 +0000

despite the joke the marking gauge looks nice
never really looked that close at their marking gauge
anyone in the usa making good stuff like that
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 19:59:09 -0700, Electric Comet

Perhaps, but you can't beat the stuff coming out of Canada - or the price with a 75 cent canuk buck.
On 4/2/2017 10:55 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Bridge City Tools