making the screwbox to make your own wooden screws, ala Roy Underhill

Hello all!

In the distant reaches of my cobweb covered mind, I remember seeing Roy Underhill make the tool that would be used to cut threads on a dowel...

Do any of you bibliophiles/videophiles have the information on this topic?

Yes, I know I could buy it, but that would just not be the same for my son and I. :)

Merry Christmas, William

Reply to
William

"William" wrote in news:1104259552.096203.142850 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I think you may be looking for a threadbox and tap. There's a fair writeup on this in "The Workbench Book" by Scott Landis. I don't think it's too tough to make the threadbox, but I don't know how an amateur would make the matching tap.

Commercial threadboxes and matching steel taps are available from Woodcraft, Garrett Wade, etc.

Reply to
Nate Perkins