Making my Jointer portable

I still havent finished setting up my grizzly jointer, been delayed by a strained back.

But anyway, Since I intended to put this on wheels, using one of those mobile bases that uses 1 1/2" wood stock to connect the corners.

The problem is tha the pedal, which cams the castered wheel up or down for moving or stationary. I want to put it on the narrow end (under a table of the jointer), which does not have room between the corner pieces for it. So I'm gonna have to cut the cam thing off from the part that bolts to the wood, and weld it to the corner pieces.

John "Oh Boy, an excuse to WELD! whee!"

Reply to
JohnT.