Tracking my Grizzly Order

Generally, I am just a lurker, but I thought this trivia was no less interesting than many of the posts here. Probably because it happened to me :-)

I recently ordered some Grizzly items to go with my new 20x30 shop/garage space. I ordered the 14" bandsaw with riser block,

8"jointer, and a dust collector. I figure I will add a canister from Wynn Environmental to that for about $100.

I was concerned because I had read that many items were on backorder. But my items all arrived in 3 days. All but 1. The riser block. It was shipped UPS and here is what the tracking has to say (note that I live in Monmouth, Oregon, about 60 miles south of Portland):

4:50 P.M. BELLINGHAM, WA, US ORIGIN SCAN

5:36 P.M. BELLINGHAM, WA, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Nov 29, 2004 9:05 P.M. REDMOND, WA, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Nov 30, 2004 9:08 P.M. PORTLAND, OR, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Dec 3, 2004 10:49 P.M. HODGKINS, IL, US ARRIVAL SCAN

Dec 6, 2004 8:55 A.M. HODGKINS, IL, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Nice, huh? I wonder where it is going next? Interesting that it departed Portland without ever arriving there ...

Anyway, the garage is still too new to unload everything back from storage, but I hope to get the TS, planer, hand tools back very soon and set up shop.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

CLEVELAND, OH DECEMBER 8TH

Thanks!

I ordered around dinner time Friday. The bandsaw comes today, riser block yesterday (Wed), mobil base arrived on Tuesday. No complaints on my end. Something else that came yesterday:

H3022 Magnetic Base/Dial Indicator/Caliper Combo Pack

30$, I thought this was a pretty good deal. Seems like a nice little kit.

Dave

Reply to
Cox West

Yes, I ordered the G0514 on 30 Nov, got the auto reply the same afternoon. Got the shipping info and tracking number 9:11 Am on the 2nd, but the shipping company had already called and told me it would be in the 7th, so I had already arranged for the day off to pick it up at the terminal. Then Monday they called and said it was there, and they would be open until about 9PM if I wanted to come and get it. I considered it, very briefly, but decided hauling a 350# 7' tall saw through the last remnants of rush hour, in the dark, on my very small trailer, pulled by a 8 year old 4 cylinder engine might be just a bit much. Picked it up the next day. It was easier to move around than I expected, considering the size and weight. How my muscles felt the next morning is another matter. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Please post your thoughts on packaging, when your 8 in. jointer arrives. I was thinking of getting one myself.

Received my 14 in. bandsaw today. A bit disappointed though that the box was torn up on the bottom, and Grizzly couldn't see fit to put a lousy piece of cardboard inside to protect the bottom pieces from such a thing. Not a big deal, but there's a scrape in the finish and it just shouldn't have happened. Really no excuse for it. They put 200 lbs into a cardboard box, and no packing material at all between the parts on the bottom and the shipping box. With that sort of weight, you'd think they'd expect some degree of box damage and compensate for it with some padding. I would have gladly paid an extra buck or two for some additional packing.

Dave

Reply to
Cox West

The jointer arrived in 2 boxes; the base in a cardboard box similar packing to the bandsaw, and the bed in a wooden box of 1/2" plywood; the internal packing on the box was typical for Grizzly.

Haven't assembled it yet, should be set up in a couple of days.

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

Correction: 1/4" plywood with some blocking in it.

Funny, that typo: I didn't mean to type 1/2", so why didn't the typo come out 1/3"?

Reply to
Jim Weisgram