making a wooden slalom waterski

I read a post from rec.waterski newsgroup long since archived and cached on google about making a wooden waterski. And after reading the post there was a lot of negative remarks about owning a wooden waterski. And there were some suggestions about building it. And I went ahead and built a waterski using wood and took pictures of the progress. My reason for making a waterski was due to the need for a ski with more surface area to help make it easier to get up. And after researching some of the waterski manufacturer's websites and gathering some useful information about setting up the ski - bindings and fin setup I have put together a slalom ski that I believe is much better than the one that I was using. I was checking out websites like Obrien, D-3, Schnitzskis, Goode, AndyMapple. I believe that I can put together a ski just about as good as carbon fiber using wood without the weight savings and have a great handling ski. I haven't owned a carbon fiber ski yet and am still a fan of wooden water-skis. If anybody who reads this - I could use some technical info from your ski - Sometimes just a picture of a ski is all I need to create one in wood. I created a website that is only pictures of how I made the wooden slalom waterski, and you can view them if you want - and I also would ask anyone interested in forwarding some technical info about a carbon fiber ski that you own, possibly a picture as well - thanks greg.

Gregory McGuire

Check out "elephant skis" which was what I FIRST learned to get up on. They are extra wide and extra long. You pop up-on-top like a cork.

Reply to
Troy Hall