Make your own T-Square style table saw fence

Well, after over a year of stopping in at the local (and some not-so local) steel suppliers and buying various pieces of tubing and angle-iron and whatnot, I *finally* got around to building my own T-Square style table saw.

Granted, I'm not the first, but all of the other examples I've found on the net seem to be long on pictures of the completed project and short on actual dimensions and construction tips.

One thing I often tell people is "If I'm going to have to blaze a trail on my own, I'm going to make darn sure that the trail I leave is well marked so people after me won't have the same grief".

So, here you guys go. I've written up a full how-to document on how to make your very own.

it to the four corners of the earth and enjoy.

- Joe

Reply to
Joe Emenaker

Joe,

great job and excellent documentation. There's a job waiting for you in Taiwan.

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

I am always impressed by quality, detailed, complete planning and documentation. You impressed me. Thanks for publishing this effort. It will surely become a benchmark.

I immediately looked through the document to see what special tools and other stuff were required. It looks like you need a means to cut, grind and braze metal, plus a drill press. The other "option" is autodesk inventor, in case someone wants to change the plans. Your drawings are excellent, and I just had to look up this software, as I was unfamiliar with it. Holy cow! $5000 price tag. I'm glad you already did the drawings.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis