Love (not) Google

I have always used the free access to groups via Google groups. I don't know any other so if it is bad I don't realize it. It is a pain sometimes though.

  1. It only remembers me for a week or two, then I have to re-log and redo all my settings.
  2. Lately all links started jumping to some page that said "Redirecting blah blah" then the page would show up after a few seconds. Now all links go to an error page and every link is shown with
    appended to the beginig of the link. I guess all valid links should start with Google. Do no harm. Uh-hu.

P.S. hard to type today with index on right hand having a sanded tip from edge sander and index on left having brad point bit drilled into finger print... oops.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Solution to all of the problems: download a free news client (there are many), then sign up for a free account at eternal-september.org.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Except for the aggressive sanding and drilling he did on his hands. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Yeah, missed that one. Sorry.

Reply to
Doug Miller

What is your browser? Have you upgraded or made any changes recently? Is it set to purge cookies or history after a set period of time? Behavior(s) #1 sound like problems I've run into with Firefox. I cured it by whitelisting the cookies for google and some other sites. I just recently had a bunch of stuff break when I upgraded from 3.5.whatever to 3.6. I had to either re-install or download upgrades for the add-ons; a real pita. Problem #2 sounds familiar too. I think it may be a setting in your browser, but without knowing what it is, cannot confuse matters more...

It's been a while since I hurt myself (and saying that just started a curse...). I can remember usung my belt sander on a small, thin piece of wood using a coarse belt. The belt grabbed the piece of wood and spit it across the shop. Before I could pull back, I had pressed my hand into the belt: it grabbed three of my fingers and spun the skin around the bone, sanding them on two sides. Hard to explain how you managed to sand *between* your fingers!

Reply to
lektric dan

Perhaps we could suggest he abandon the overly aggressive tailed tools and take up the hand plane and scraper along with the brace and bow drill?

Reply to
Roy

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

My right index finger is 1/8 th inch shorter due to having it sucked into a disk sander in high school woodshop. Too much clearance between disk and table. Lesson learned. WW

Reply to
WW

OUCH!

Reply to
Robatoy

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:09:24 -0700, the infamous "WW" scrawled the following:

Wow, it's real? School shop tools actually do suck, _physically_? Will wonders never cease?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

...hehehe, and I learned all about garage door hardware yesterday when one came down on me (me the dummy temping the main bracket up with 1

1/2" lags meaning to change 'em out for the long ones only to forget)...lucky only half gave way!

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh