Looking for Woodcarvers

Anybody hand carving anymore?

Reply to
karen king

There're some of 'em over at rec.crafts.carving, methinks.

I bought my daughter a nice chip carving kit a couple of years ago when she was fascinated after the wood show here, but it remains unbreached.

As for me, I've whittled a pike from a stick while watching my son play ball, but that's about it.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

A lot of us.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Thank you for the info. Am working with cedar.

Reply to
karen king

Balderstone sure sounds Viking-You Norwegian? Did art pottery carved Balder for friend in Canada.

Reply to
karen king

Rick-So how do I locate folks to visit with? Want to discuss Viking carving -Maybe there is another hermit out there with that interest.Thanks

Reply to
karen king

First thing to do is to join rec.crafts.carving. That's where the woodcarvers hang out.

Next do a google search on 'viking' 'carving' and related. There is a lot of interest in Viking lore and culture out there and a lot of sites dealing with aspects of it. For example there's one that discusses the major styles of Viking carving -- of which there are about six. (Sorry, no URL handy.)

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

I do a bit see the crappy web site, check out chairs in particular ,there is a firescreen I think is ok ...mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Went to rec crafts carving ......the site is an absolute joke about 6 posts none of which discuss carving .....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide