LOOK here ...

If you get one, get ALL the carbide blades offered.

Bite the bullet once.

BTW, you will find uses for it you never dreamed of.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Bullshit! ... it just gives you something on which to attempt to show your imagined superiority.

All anyone else needs to know is that the three tables move up and down, left and right, and in and out, respectively.

Reply to
Swingman

It is a lot of money for a tool that I probably would not use very much. I just may take you up on the offer when I start doing outside repairs again. Thank you sir.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, the bigger kits look like the cheaper way to go. I often have to cut through nails to remove wood easily. My only fear is that the blades would not last very long.

Reply to
Leon

.

No, not at all. Look it up.

Reply to
CW

I abuse a lot of tools.

Working with fiberglass does that.

I've had no problems with carbide; however, I don't even think about HSS, so can't comment on them.

BTW, Klingspor has H&L paper at reasonable price.

You're not stuck with Fein paper.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thank you sir.

Reply to
Leon

Finally got to spend a full afternoon in the shop working on a personal project with the Multi-router. What previously took days to accomplish on this prototype chair frame was done in the space of a few hours.

... almost makes you forget the late July heat.

Reply to
Swingman

Sorry:

Swingman

Maybe you didn't mention it or were purposely avoiding saying so. What did the multi-router cost you? Had a look on their website but all it states is to phone them for purchase information. That scares me.

Reply to
Upscale

I figured most folks were aware that the price is, indeed, considered scary when contemplated for use by the average, garage shop, woodworker ... $2699 for the basic unit, no templates, no router, no bits, no stand.

Highland Hardware is one of the few retailers, and they just act as a middleman.

Swingman

Looking at some of the prices of wrenches and stuff in an earlier thread, I guess that price doesn't seem all that bad. The payoff is that you appear to like the ease that it does some things. At the very least, it eases the cry-once experience.

Reply to
Upscale

It's all relative ... not being afraid to invest in excellent tools pays, in both time spent, and in a better end product.

I still own a recording studio and paying twice the Multi-router price for a good microphone is something I wouldn't give a second thought to ... and it would take $12,000 to pry the bass I continue to play out of my hands, which has made me many times that figure down through the years.

I've yet to talk/exchange messages with a Multi-router owner who hasn't stated that the machine has paid for itself and then continues to make them money. In my case, and particularly since woodworking paid for it, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't have plans for it to do the same for me.

Of course, "The best laid plans ..." ... but you gotta take risks to get anywhere in this world.

Reply to
Swingman

Very nice Sir. I suspect that after having tried the numerous shop built jigs and having found success with using the Multirouter that the bitter pill of buying the Multirouter may soon be forgotten. It's really neat to have a more exotic tool in the shop that accomplishes something with much less effort and far more precision. Enjoy.

Reply to
Leon

And it may well be the only thing us mere mortals will ever do that is the same as Dick Marks.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

So uh, you don't see a Lexington class air craft carrier "Jointer" in your future? LOL.

David Marks and I both use the same type air hose IIRC. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I don't know how many flooring nails I've cut with the "Universal E-cut" blade--several hundred at least--and the first blade is still cutting fine. Note, by the way, that with the round blades, the entire circumference is not used for cutting--if you wear out a spot you should be able to rotate the blade a few degrees and go right back to work.

Get the XL/Top (it's called one thing in the US and the other in Canada) kit and if you're going to be cutting nails an extra package of Universal E-cuts and you should be set for a long time.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Thanks I keep that in mind.

Reply to