Link to photos of Showcase winners

The NWA Showcase web site has been updated with the 2013 winners. Brad Conklin won People's Choice for the second year in a row... he does some really interesting work!

John Grossbohlin

That's some nice work from everyone. I always enjoy viewing other's work.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

The "Best in Show" is an exceptional piece. I really like the curved breadboard ends, practical or not. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Makes it stand out though. The breadboard ends, the flair of the stiles and even the cutouts on the door project an oriental flair.

Reply to
Dave

Yes, it is a very nice piece. Though even with that piece the photos do not do the pieces shown justice... some side and top shots would have been nice to show off all the details.

There were also a lot of other works at the show that were wonderful though they didn't win ribbons. I find it inspiring to walk around the exhibit hall. I do so multiple times during the show and I approach the pieces from different directions as I notice different details by doing so.

We'll be doing another show next year at the same venue in Saratoga Springs and I encourage everyone to come if possible.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Enjoyed the photos very much ... snagged a few for my "ideabook". Thanks for the posting.

Reply to
Swingman