Leon, Swingman, et al - We're praying for you

Dead people are no longer paying customers.... ;~)

Reply to
Leon

If that's true, how do morticians make their living? ;-)

Reply to
krw

It's a dying business.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

They're starving to death?

Reply to
krw

They cancelled it, and is delayed 2 weeks. So they are hoping to get out of dodge and they'll come back in 2 weeks if all is well.

Reply to
woodchucker

Give it up, Bubba... I am so under water at this point even my reality check bounced, so broke I can't even afford a trip down memory lane.

Swingman

I'm glad to hear you are in good health! I'm sorry you encountered some "speed bumps". I sincerely hope that things go your way (you have too good of an attitude for that not to happen)!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I'm pretty sure that was an imposter and not the real Swingman.

Reply to
-MIKE-

No, I think that was him.

Reply to
Leon

The tax bill looks legit although I'm not sure how you don't pay any proper ty taxes for close to 10 years. Don't they foreclose after a while?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My credit is so bad I have to have a co-signer to pay cash!

Reply to
G Ross

Swingman is in the Netherlands?

krw

In Texas, perhaps other states, you can claim the property tax deferral exemption at 65. When you sell you owe back taxes plus 8% interest IIRC. Not a bad deal IF your home appreciates in value or if you never sell.

Reply to
Leon

Nope! Perhaps a proxy goes there first.

Reply to
Leon

That makes sense, I am glad to hear that, it just didn't make sense otherwise.

Reply to
OFWW

Yeah, Dizum is a good cloak.

Reply to
OFWW

At least you can pay cash, a lot of places here take plastic only even then preferring your apple card system but yeah, I know you're tongue in cheek. :)

Reply to
OFWW

Looking at the dates and lateness you can infer it is a tax deadbeat, but knowing of the deferment option, it is a pretty good fiscal tool. I'd do that here if offered. I have no plans to move so the taxes would come out of my kid's inheritance when they sell this place.

Good for Swingman.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's not a lot different than a reverse mortgage. I wouldn't do either, though.

Reply to
krw

Reverse mortgage seems to be a last resort for money deal. You can probably do better with a long term home equity loan and put the cash into an investment that will offset the interest.

What I find sad is the number of people at retirement age that still have big mortgages, often because they used home equity as a piggy bank. Getting the mortgage out of the way was #1 priority, #2 was to never pay credit card interest.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski