leakproof wooden roof

Yes, and most likely can...

I'm still concerned that it won't last nearly as long if you lay it over the solid decking as it would if you just nailed to to the rafters so it will have air access both sides...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

You could be right. The decking went up last weekend though, and I don't think it will be coming down again! This weekend is the siding/shingles.

Thanks & best regards, George

Reply to
George

"George" wrote in news:9BEwe.9825$mK5.636114 @news20.bellglobal.com:

Then consider using asphalt 3 tab shingles from the home center. You'll get 20+ years from them, I'd guess. They can be laid over the plywood deck easily, over $15 worth of roofing felt.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

A fiber ventilation mat is available for this purpose. It looks sort of like Cobra Vent only much wider and thinner. The idea is to allow air flow between the solid decking/felt paper and the wooden shingles.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

That would undoubtedly be a good addition...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Strap the plywood and put the bevelled siding above the plywood. Strap

1/2". Put the roofing felt UNDER the strapping. ** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do