Wooden slats on shed roof

I need to fix some wooden slats on to my shed roof to make sure it doesnt blow off in a gale. Must I use `fekt nails` or can I use screws (thinking leaks)

On Friday, 14 August 2015 18:48:00 UTC+1, ss wrote:

Depends on many factors. No-one can say without more detail.
On 14/08/2015 18:47, ss wrote:

I wouldn't use nails if they're fekt.
Cheers
--
Syd

Are they the ones with the heads on the wrong end?
--

Chris

On 14/08/2015 20:16, Chris Hogg wrote:

No, they are the left handed ones.
On Friday, 14 August 2015 18:48:00 UTC+1, ss wrote:

screws are better
NT
On 14/08/2015 18:47, ss wrote:

Run a bead of mastic under the batten and use screws.
On 14/08/2015 20:48, David Lang wrote:

Thanks, wasnt sure if there was a particular reason for the felt (That would be fekt :-) ) nails in terms of sealing the felt.