Latest Handyman Club Mailing

Handyman Club of America must be getting desparate. I just got my latest mailing from them.

They must have decided that the low response rate in signing up new victims^H^H^H^H^H I mean suckers^H^H^H^H^H, I mean shills^H^H^H^H^H umm subscribers is that people haven't been seeing the mailings. Well, no more, my mailing today arrived in a 10 x 14 envelope colored in an attractive blaze orange, eclipsing all other mail in the mailbox. No chance of not seeing that mailing. They must have also decided that people were not being wowed by the generous free tool included in each mailing. So, no more mailing containing only a sanding pad or a plastic drill index. Nosirree! They are pulling out *all* the stops in this mailing. Not only did I get the attractive and highly useful drill guide -- in an attractive black matte finish with the highly ergonomic black matte raised numbers on black background, I *also* got the address return labels sheet (I've found them quite useful after you cut off the HCA club logo) with the stick-on electrical panel labels (who can't use 5 copies of breaker labels?) and the obligatory "I'm a Handyman, personalized sticker", in addition, I got a 3

1/2" x 5" notepad with 10 (count 'em 10!) pieces of paper. What a deal! It that's what they throw in for free, imagine the kinds of free tools they must be sending to be reviewed and that you then get to keep!

/sarcasm off

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Wow.... they are debasing the value of my black drill guide... when I got it folks here on the rec offered to trade me ANY tool in their shop for my fashionable black drill guide. Now HCA sends them out to ANYBODY... I no longer feel special.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

... I'm not sure I like the tone of being referred to as just ANYBODY. ;-)

Mark & Juanita

OK, then you are a NOBODY

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I gave them the my standard reply to unsolicited offers--I wrote NO on the application and sent everything back in their postage paid envelope. Everything, including the outside envelope. (I did keep the heirloom drill bit guide. Now I have a matched set. ) Why send it back?

  1. Makes me feel good.
  2. Costs them about a to retrieve each letter at the post office, with no profit to them
  3. Supports the US Post Office
  4. If enough people did it, direct mail advertising wouldn't be low cost any more.

Old Guy

Old guy

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+ I can't wait to get home to check my mailbox! I just hope SWMBO doesn't get there first and spoil the rush of seeing the rare and elusive envelope hiding in there, under the bills, credit card offers complete with epoxy/glue scrapers and weekly junk mail adds, waiting for my perusal:-) Joe
Reply to
Joe Gorman

Maybe she'll scoop it and hide till it is your birthday? TADAAAA! Wimmin can be evildoers, you know.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hmmm, birthday in late November, surprise hidden for 10 months. Maybe it will turn up before the summer Olympics:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Not feeling special is pretty tough to deal with too... ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin