Laptop table finished or Nailshooter asked for pics

Ok, I posted the pictures to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking Subject: Laptop table finished.

4 pictures, 320x240 pixels

Mark

Markem

Looks like you did a great job on the finish, and with that many coats on it, you probably got it just right. Remember, is someone should do something to the tops, you can easily touch up your lacquer.

Like the breadboard ends, too.

What kind of wood are the tops?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

It was a piece of 8/4 black walnut resawed for 2 12" wide bookmatched. The breadboard edges were from the same original piece but in an area with less sap wood. Most of the material was left over from building a cabinet. It is not for eating on at all it is for my wife's laptop computer in her "shop".

Mark

(sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

less sap wood. Most of the material >was left over from building a cabinet. It is not for eating >on at all it is for my wife's laptop computer in her "shop".

I guess it is the pic, it didn't look like walnut. In the assembly page you could see the taupe colored wood, but it looked more like hickory or butternut to me on the "finshed" page.

up your lacquer.

Looks like Foster Brooks wrote that. Gotta quit writing and responding late at night. I was trying to say that now that you have a proper finish on your project (correctly applied Deft is surprisingly tough for normal wear), you can easily repair the finish should it be damaged.

Thanks for posting.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41