Just finished building my workbench

I just finished construction of my dream workbench. I've posted pictures on alt.binaries.pictues.woodworking and you can also see them at my website.

(click on workbench link)

You can also see a detailed description of the construction process at the site.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Blum

nice job on the bench.

Reply to
gary preston

Mark -

That workbench is *SO* nice! Congratulations... What color are you goin'ta paint it?

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

LOL!

Reply to
AArDvarK

That bench is just too beautiful to use. You'll have to build something with an MDF top to use for every day. :-) mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Wow - don't leave that in the shop! Bring it into the living room!

Reply to
patrick conroy

Nice job. When I finished mine, I was afraid to mark it up ;-). I got over it.

Beautiful bench.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

"patrick conroy" wrote in news:48gpv1-6jp.ln1 @armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

The link to the homepage worked for me, but the link to the workbench didn't. It returned a 404 error.

Reply to
Bob Muir

Sorry about that. It should be working now.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Blum

I know that feeling. I put so much work into getting everything as perfect as I could. It's hard to turn around and start beating the hell out of it. I just have to remember that is what I built it for.

Thanks for the comments, Mark

Reply to
Mark Blum

It's beautiful. Are you planning on adding more dog holes/apron pegs as the need arises, or is what's there sufficient for you needs?

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

Thanks.

I considered another row, but I think the single row will do for my needs. With a standard tail vise, I didn't see much benefit to another row of dogs. With a Veritas twin vise it would have been a different story. Plus I figured that woodworkers have been using a single row of dogs for centuries, so it would probably be sufficient for my needs. Only time will tell for sure though.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Blum

That's a nice bench. When does your neighbour get to spill the bitumen-paint on it?

Reply to
conehead