Laid Off and Executive Desk Design

Thanks for the reply.

I'm with you on the idea of Custom and the Wow Factor.

I need to start drawing soon and will try to come up with some stuff that embraces both.

Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

Too late.

Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet

Tom Watson

Could it fold (ala table top)? or retract (ala writing pullouts)?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*snip*

My middle desk drawer is held in place by two wooden runners, just like the other drawers in my desk. You could do the same with a keyboard tray, and even make the keyboard tray removable and a middle desk drawer an option so those of us (them?) with laptops don't have a useless keyboard tray.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

We have one of those

We have eight computers, ten printers. Laser printers are good quality and very cheap so it is not a big deal for everyone to have thier own. I also have an inkjet for color. In our office, no one has a printer on the desk, but rather on the side or the credenza.

.

In our office, the smallest desks are 36 x 72. Executive desks are generally that or larger but I'd think that most want only the monitor, keyboard, and mouse on top. I'd tuck the printer or scanner in a separate piece of furniture or stand rather than give up drawer space.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Undermount hardware. Saw it in FWW yesterday in Lowes. Full review of 9 models. Pricy, but for what you want that shouldn't be a problem.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser