Kredit pocket holes

Well, I do have an all metal Kreg jig that I bought many years ago. Great tool except the plastic ones are better thought out. And I have not worn one out yet. I much prefer lighter weight, built in risers, and especially front clamping levers. I got really tired of reaching around or over large panels to apply the clamp. And I got tired of finding shims to keep the panels from tilting. And the blue Kregs have dust collection that works extremely well. Humm and the blue Kregs adjust more easily to multiple thicknesses of stock for clamping and for drilling position.

Use a tool a lot you really start to appreciate light weight.

Reply to
Leon

Most of the all metal pocket hole jigs I have seen are not as adjustable as a lot of kreg jigs are might be a reason not to allow your prejudice against any plastic in a tool to blind you.

Reply to
Markem

+1
Spalted Walt

the problem with the "nonadjustable" jig is that it is designed for 3/4" thick material. You can put 2 by material in it but the screws exit and enter other 2 by material 3/8" from the edge. Ideally all pocket hole screws should enter and exit the material near the center of the material.

Reply to
Leon