Kobalt tools from Lowe's

I cleaned out my old tool literature and came across and old package for some ratcheting clamps by Kobalt. It turns out that they didn't really work - they'd pop open under pressure - so I returned them. And then just a week ago I tried a utility saw that they make as well. It contained a handle and three blades - hacksaw, stab saw and a two-edged flush trimming blade. For 12 bucks I figured it'd be a handy saw to take on installs. However, once I got the saw home I realized that the teeth were set on opposite sides of the blade!! No way to avoid scratching up your work surface with that one. So I'm now 0 for 2 with Kobalt.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Good info.

OTOH, the ratchet and socket I got to keep in the shaper toolbox have held up OK.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita