Kitchen Cabinet Styles (Configurations?)

Greets!

I am in the design process for full extension drawers on the kitchen side underneath our breakfast bar. The bar is essentially laminate on top of a 2x4 frame with drywall wrapping it to finish. I was going to get some melamine to make two enclosures that would house two full extension drawers.

I was pondering possible issues and design when I began to wonder if there was a premade kitchen cabinet of the dimension and drawer placement (vertical) that I could install rather than going through all the trouble of building them myself.

So I poked around on a few manufacturers web sites, looking for a catalog of available cabinet configurations to see if what I was looking for was standard.

Couldn't find anything. Sure, they'd show me different woods and finishes, but what I was looking for was a description of the different configurations of a cabinet. With drawer, without, multiple drawers, etc... Specifically, I am looking for a cabinet about 20 or so inches wide, three feet or so tall, with two full extension drawers inside evenly spaced (vertically). No top drawer.

Does anyone know or can provide links to a mfr that has this sort of information on their web site?

Thanks!

D'ohBoy

Reply to
petengail

Industry standard's that you need to take into account to maintain the re-sale value of a home and to insure compatibility with appliances, like dishwashers:

For an unfinished (no substrate/counter top) Base cabinet: 34 1/2" high x

24" deep x "W" wide, where W is variable to fill space/needs as below.

For the factory made type, Base cabinet widths, "W" above, generally start at 12" and advance in 3" increments ... maximum width (usually sink base cabinets) vary with manufacturer.

Most any other width in between will have to be custom made.

Drawers, doors and shelves therein are "non-standard" and can be configured to suit needs. A good place to go for this *information* is any Borg ... they will have ready, but cheaply, made cabinets for you to look at ... and do just look.

Kitchen cabinet manufacturers, like KraftMaid, also have "idea books" and catalogs of various cabinet configuration for you to look at. They are free, may be available at a Borg, so take advantage of them as a resource.

If you have to buy and nothing fits your requirements, find something close from your research above, then proceed to a local cabinet maker and have him/her make it custom. It is a very easy thing for any decent cabinet maker to do, and most willingly take on one-off kitchen cabinet components.

Reply to
Swingman

You might look here.

a 12MB pdf with descriptions and drawings of everything in the Merillat Masterpiece line. It's a good place to get cabinet ideas. They make a lower cabinet called a "base pot and pan storage two drawer" that is two large (full ex) drawers in a 34 1/2" tall base in

18", 24" 30" 36" widths. I think they also have this cabinet in other lines as well.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.