kewl lampshade.....

"tom" was heard to mutter:

Ok, that's a very cool lampshade... but... omg what a waste of wood! I would have tried to core the piece, at least partially.

Reply to
Casper

Ok, that's a very cool lampshade... but... omg what a waste of wood! I

That was great, thanks Tom. As for waste of wood, it is pine, and was headed for the fireplace, so instead of turning it into smoke and ash, he turned it into something to enjoy for years.

I loved how he cut out the core support with the chainsaw, and the fact he turned the sucker right from the log as cut. Cool stuff.

Very nice video and I'm thinking of turning some pine logs myself for that project, but on a little smaller scale...

On an aside, I guess he wasn't using a face mask because the lathe wasn't sold with one. Wonder if he got his head whacked off if he could win a few mill from the lathe maker with the right scum sucking lawyer and retarded court for not providing one at point of sale?

Reply to
Jack